Pages

Tuesday 23 September 2014

The stamps of Wyrd Britain

I was browsing through one of the piles of books next to my chair the other day and found a stamp that my partner's aunt had sent to me; the David Tennant one from the Doctor Who set that the Royal Mail released for the 50th Anniversary.  I've no particular interest in stamps but it got me thinking about other commemorative ranges that would fit in with the Wyrd Britain ethos.

Here are some of the ones I found (they're in no particular order). I think some of them are quite wonderful and please if you know of any others then feel free to add them to the comments.

50th Anniversary of Children's Television
Folklore
Magical Worlds

Classic Carry On and Hammer films
British Fairs
Children's TV Classics
Doctor Who
Europa, Horror Stories
FAB The Genius of Gerry Anderson
Magical Realms
Mythical Creatures (drawn by Dave McKean)
Harry Potter House Crests
Roald Dahl
Science Fiction, Novels by H.G. Wells
Lord of the Rings
Sherlock Holmes
Thomas the Tank Engine
World of Comics

No comments:

Post a Comment